To borrow a made up word by one of my favorite bloggers, Glennon Doyle Melton, Summer is a BRUTIFUL season at the dance studio.
BRUTIFUL? Yes. Beautiful + brutal = brutiful.
Summer at the dance studio is BEAUTIFUL for several reasons:
- It’s a break from the marathon of weekly classes.
- There is a more relaxed schedule with schools no longer in session.
- It’s warm and sunny in Wisconsin for a couple of days; I mean months.
But, summer at the dance studio is BRUTAL for other reasons:
- A break from classes means far less income to cover fixed expenses.
- It can be hard to balance studio and home now that school’s out.
- With only a few days of true summer to enjoy in Wisconsin, the last place I want to be is in the office.
If this sounds familiar to you, keep reading for 4 easy ways to fill your studio with summer dance camps and more and still carve out time for family.
Looking for more inspiration? Sign up for the Misty Minute for weekly ideas to transform your studio and your life.
The “Expert Advice from Misty Lown” series is brought to you by More Than Just Great Dancing™ and TutuTix.
Check out more articles on summer dance camps and other summer programming here.