It’s biggest day of the year for your families. If your students are like mine, they are raring to go! And it’s easy to see why when you consider all of the hard work they have put in over the past year preparing for recitals:
- 30+ weeks of lessons
- 2-3 minutes of choreography for each dance
- Costume measurements, fittings, exchanges and alterations
- Group photos, recital tickets and t-shirts, flower orders and more!
In fact, for every minute of a dance that appears on stage, an average of 100 HOURS of preparation has already been put in before one sequin ever hits the stage. But before you sign off on your dance recital prep, I want you to put ONE MORE HOUR to make sure your recital day is GREAT.
Keep reading for 8 last-minute dance recital prep tips that will ensure you have the best recital day yet!
Are you looking for some more recital tips and ideas? Check out these other articles and resources from Misty:
- Backstage Management Tools for Dance Recitals
- Tips for a Backstage Bravo!
- Dance Recital Ideas: 7 Ways to Produce a Dance Recital that Pays
- Dance Recital Tips: 6 Ideas for Planning a Great Show
- Profitable Recital Costumes Start Now
- Making the Most of Your Studio Dance Recital
- Don’t Miss Promotional Opportunities at Your Recital!
The “Expert Advice from Misty Lown” series is brought to you by More Than Just Great Dancing™ and TutuTix.