Recital Season is upon us! For most dance studios, this is “the big game” in our industry. It is an opportunity to build community over a shared interest, celebrate your students’ progress, and impress your clients. There’s no better marketing tool than an efficient, polished, and purposeful recital experience!
In order to make it happen, you have to (1) be prepared in your organization and leadership, (2) you have to communicate expectations and standards in advance, and (3) you have to follow through.
Below are 3 tips that have helped us immensely in curating an amazing Recital Weekend Experience!
THE RECITAL ROOKIE
For many in the dance industry, the concept of a dance recital is second nature. This likely is not the case for the majority of your clients. Often, they are new to the recital experience, or at the very least, they may be new to your studio’s systems and processes.
Your clients are also probably busy and juggling a million things. They may miss an email, feel overwhelmed at the thought of making a bun, or misinterpret the correct way to put on a recital costume. That’s okay!
It is easy to react with frustration, but this season, shift the perspective and approach your clients with empathy and understanding. It will go a long way in building client loyalty!
We’ve helped educate Recital Rookies in the following ways:
- Chat groups
- Personal posts that are counterintuitive to your professional/personal brand
- Language that may seem degrading to another studio or program.
THE DIGITAL EVOLUTION
Outside of the strategies listed above, consider how you can use digital opportunities to create a more interactive, modern experience for your clients.
A few ideas include:
- Make sure studio sound stations/equipment are appropriate for modern technology
- Implementing easy ways for families to enroll and pay for programming.
- Transition from printed program books to digital program books
- Create marketing materials that showcase well in digital content
- Revise/ modernize your Recital Photography + Videography Procedure
- Create a studio-wide motto/hashtag that generates brand consistency between digital and actual platforms
Looking for more great ideas on how to Rock Your Dance Recital? Check out the following articles:
- Pre-Show Announcements for Dance Recitals
- The Studio Owner Dance Recital Survival Guide
- Dance Recital Preparation Timeline: How Early Should You Start Planning A Recital?
The Dance Exec Returns: “Expert Advice from Chasta Hamilton” series is brought to you by Stage Door Dance Productions and TutuTix.